Purchase Order Application:
Group of Forms, Reports and Programs
- Bid and Catalog
- Purchase Order
- Direct Delivery
- Standard Receipt
- Inspection Required.
- Before going to start PO application we have to define following things
- Items Creation
- Suppliers creation
- Buyer creation
1) Item Creation
- Open the user from in System Administrator Responsibility attach the responsibility called Inventory, Vision Operations(USA)
- Open the Items from – Items – Master Item – enter, system will show the organization list, select the organization vision operations, enter the item name and description.
- Go to Inventory tab check the check box called Inventory Item.
- Go to purchasing tab check the check box called purchased and save the transactions.
- We can assign the item to the multiple organization by selecting tool menu – Organization assignment option check the check box called assigned.
Select * from ORG_ORGANIZATION_ DEFINETIONS
Organizatio_ID is primary key column
Select * from MTL_SYSTEM_ITEM_S
- Organizatin_ID - Composite Primary Key
Select MSI.SEGMENT ITEM
From MTL_SYSTEM_ITEM_B MSI
Where MSI.ORGANIZATION_ID = OOD.ORGANIZATION_ID
And MSI.SEGMENT1 = ‘KEYBOARD’
2) Supplier Creation
- Select the responsibility called Purchasing, Vision Operations(USA)
- Open the suppliers form – Supply Base – Suppliers press enter
- Enter the suppliers name and save the transaction and we will get supplier number select status button enter site address select contact tab – enter contact details and save
Select * from PO_VENDORS where SEGMENT1=’5080’
- VENDOR_ID – Primary Key
Select * from PO_VENDOR_SITESM_ALL where VENDOR_ID=’1010’
- VENDOR_SITE_ID – Primary Key
Select * from PO_VENDOR_CONTACTS
where VENDOR_SITE_ID= ‘2215’
- VENDOR_CONTACT_ID – Primary Key
3) Buyer Creation:
- Attach the Responsibility called HRMS Management; Open the Employee form (N) HRMS Manager – People – Enter and Maintain.
- Select new button enter employee name and Date of Birth, select action as creation employment chose the option called buyer and save the transaction.
Select * from PER_ALL_PEOPLE_F
Where EMPLOYEE_NUMBER = ‘893’
PERSON_ID is Primary Key column
- Go to system administrator create user name attach employee name in the filed called Person and save the transaction.
Select FU. USER_NAME,
From FND_USER FU,
Where FU.USER_NAME = ‘20USER’
And FU.EMPLOYEE_ID = PPF.PERSON_ID
- Copy the employee name go to purchasing application open the Buyers form attach to the Buyers list – Setup – Personnel – Buyers and enter.
Select * from PO_AGENTS
This contains only Buyer list and primary key is AGEN_ID
1) Requisition: It is one of the purchasing document will be crated by employers when ever they required goods or services or training, we will find 2 types of requisitions.
- Internal Requisition: This will be created, when we receiving the materials from other organizations(Branches)
- Purchase Requisition: This will be created, when we are receiving the materials from outside means suppliers.
- We will enter the requisition information at 3 levels i.e. Headers, Lines, Distributions.
- One header will be there at least one line multiple line we create for every line at least one distribution or multiple distributions will be there.
- Open the requisitions form – Requisitions – Requisitions and enter.
- Select the requisition type at header level enter item details at line level (item Name, quantity, price and need by date) select bistributions buttion enter distribution details like quantity and account details and save the transactions.
- Select approve button press OK system will send the document for approval.
- Go to requisition number select find button, it will show requisition approved status.
Select * from PO_REQUISITON_HEADERS_ALL
WHERE SEGMENT1 = ‘1656’
Primary key - REQUISITION_HEAD_ID
Select * from PO_REQUISTION_LINES_ALL
WHERE REQUISITION_HEADER_ID = ‘11458’
Primary Key - REQUISITION_LINE_ID
Select * from PO_REG_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL
WHERE REQUISITION_LINE_ID= 9922
Primary Key - DISTRIBUTION_ID
- Cancel the Requisition: Open the requisition summery form enter requisition number select find button go to tools menu select option called ‘Control’ and chose the option as cancel requisition.
Select AUTHORIZATION_STATUS from PO_REQUISITION_HEADER_ALL
- We can find out requisition history by using tools menu option called view action history.
Select * from PO-ACTION_HISTORY
Where OBJECT_ID = REQUISITION_HEADER_ID
From PO_ACTION_HISTORY PAH
Where OBJECT_ID = 11459
And PAH.EMPLOYEE_ID = PPF.PERSON_ID
- Enter manual requisition Number: Setup – Organization – Purchasing Options and enter – go to numbering tab select requisition number entry as manual type.
2) RFQ – REQUEST FOR QUOTATION: It is one of the purchasing document after requisition is approved. We will go for creation of RFQ we have 3 types of RFQs.
- Bid : If company is going to purchase large number of items which are expensive. We will create bid RFQ where we will specify Headers, lines and shipments, where we are not specify any price breaks in Bid RFQ.
- Catalog : If company is purchasing materials regularly fixed quantity location and date, then we will select regularly we can include price breaks at different levels.
- Standard : This will be created for items we need only once or not regularly, we can include price breaks at different quality levels.
3) QUOTATIONS: After creation of RFQ document we will send this document to the different suppliers who are going to supply the materials, next we will receive quotations from the suppliers either by email or fax or by phone,
- Again quotation are 3 types i.e. Bid, Catalog and Standard
- What ever the quotation we are received from the suppliers we will enter those quotation details in the system for future purpose.
- If we are sending bid RFQ to the suppliers we will receive the bid quotation for catalog RFQ we will receive catalog quotation for standard RFQ we will receive standard quotation.
RFQ – Terms and conditions.
- i. Payment Terms – At the time of creating RFQ document we will specifying the payment terms like due date, interest rates and so on.
- ii. Fright Terms: It is nothing by at transportation charges whether supplier will bear it or buyer.
- iii. FOB(Foot on Board) : It is responsibility of material damage or material missing during the transportation.
- iv. Carrier : We will give the transportation company name so that supplier will supply the materials by this transportation company.
- Navigation – Open the RFQ form – RFQs and Quotation – RFQs and enter – select RFQ type from header level enter ship to location, Bill to location details – select line level enter item details select price breaks button enter price break details select terms button enter terms and conditions details, select suppliers button and enter supplier name who are going to receive RFQ document
Select * from PO_HEADERS_ALL Where segment1=’306’
Primary Key- PO_HEADER_ID
Select * from PO_LINES_ALL Where PO_HEADERS_ID = ‘11845’
Primary Key – PO_LINE_ID
Select * from PO_LINE_LOCATIONS_ALL where PO_LINE_ID 12233
Primary Key –LINE_LOCATION_ID
Select * from FND_CURRIENCIES
Primary Key –CURRENCY_CODE
Select * from AP_TERMS
Primary Key – TERM_ID
Select * from AP_TERMS_LINES
Select * from HR_LOCATIONS
Primary Key – LOCATION_ID
- AUTO CRATE OPTION : This is one of the feature application to create RFQ or PO documents automatically based on the approved requisition document.
- i. Create requisition and approve it
- ii. Open the auto create form select clear button enter requisition number select find button which will display requisition then details
- iii. Select the line by checking the checkbox select action as create, document types as RFQ
- iv. Select automatic button click the create button whichwill create RFQ document will selected requisition lines and displays RFQ No.
- QUOTATION : – RFQs and Quotation – Quotation and enter
- i. We will receive the quotations from suppliers against the RFQ either by fax or email we will enter those quotation details manually in the system to make the quote analysis and future purpose.
- ii. Quotation tables: One we create the quotation from front end data will be stored in the RFQs tables only by column type_lookup_code=’quotation’.
Select * from PO_HEADERS_ ALL
WHERE SEGMENT1 = ’500’
AND TYPE_LOOKUP_CODE =’QUOTATION’
4) Purchase Orders : It is one of the purchasing document at the time of purchasing from the supplier we will create this document by specifying terms and conditions and shipping details distribution details and so on. We have 4 types of Purchase Orders
Purchase Order Types Summery
Standard Purchase Order
When we require the materials from suppliers we will cerate standard PO by specifying terms and conditions price, quantity and so on.
Select * from PO_HEADERS_ALL
where segment1=’3445’ and type_lookup_id = ‘STANDARD’
Select * from Po_lines_all where PO_Header_id = 11858
Select * from PO_Line_locations_all where Po_line_id=12216
Primary Key – LINE_LOCATION_ID
Select * from po_distributions_all where line_location_id
Primary Key – PO_DISTRIBUTION_ID
- (N) – Open the purchase order form – Purchase Orders-Purchase Orders and enter select PO type and suppliers information enter the line level details like Items quantity price and so on.
- Select shipments button enter shipping location details quantity promice date, need by date and so on select distribution button enter distribution details and save the transactions.
- Select approve button system will submit the document for approvals.
- Copy the PO number and go to purchase or summary form enter PO number select find button.
- To cancel the purchase order go the tools menu – control option.
- Tools menu copy document to create the same document.
- Auto Create
- By using Auto Create option we can create purchase orders automatically from approved requisition by selecting document type as Purchase order.
SELECT PHA.SEGMENT1 PONUM,
(PVC.FIRST_NAME ||','||pvc.LAST_NAME) Contact,
FROM PO_HEADERS_ALL PHA ,
PO_VENDORS PV ,
WHERE PHA.SEGMENT1 = '3449'
AND PHA.VENDOR_ID = PV.VENDOR_ID
AND PHA.VENDOR_SITE_ID = PVS.VENDOR_SITE_ID
AND PHA.VENDOR_CONTACT_ID = PVC.VENDOR_CONTACT_ID
AND PHA.SHIP_TO_LOCATION_ID = HL1.LOCATION_ID
AND PHA.BILL_TO_LOCATION_ID = HL2.LOCATION_ID
AND PHA.AGENT_ID = PPF.PERSON_ID
AND PHA.PO_HEADER_ID = PLA.PO_HEADER_ID
(PVC.FIRST_NAME ||','||PVC.LAST_NAME) ,
Blanket Purchase Order
- When ever company would like to have the agreement with supplier that time first we will create Blanket Agreement, when ever we require materials we will go for releasing the purchase orders.
- Open the purchase order form select Blanket Purchase agreement and enter the details and approve the purchase order.
- Select releases form either blanket PO Number and Item quantity details select distributions button enter distribution details, select approve button for approvals.
|2 way||PO Qty – 100||Invoice Qty 80|
|3 way||PO Qty – 100||Receipt Qty 80||Invoice Qty 80|
|4 way||PO Qty – 100||Receipt Qty 80||Invoice Qty 50||Invoice Qty 50|
- At the time of creation Purchase Order in the shipments, release we will specify the Match approval option.
- Two way matching is nothing but company purchase order quantity, price with Invoice price.
- Three way matching is nothing but comparing 3 documents Purchase Order, Receipt and Invoice.
- Four ways Matching is nothing but company PO receipt inspection and Invoice documents.
- Standard – 3 Way
- Direct Delivery – 2 way
- Inspection Required – 4 way
- It is one of the purchasing document will be created while receiving the materials form the suppliers we have 3 types of receipt.
- Navigation – Receiving – Receipts and enter.
- Create the purchase order and approve it open the receipts from enter PO Number, select find button, system will show the PO Line details, check the check box save to transactions, system write automatically generate Receipt number
Select * from RCV_SHIPMENT_HEADERS
SELECT * FROM RCV_SHIPPMENT_LINES
SELECT * FRO RCV_TRANSACTIONS
SELECT * FORM ORG_ORGANIZATIONS_DEFINITIONS.
- Create PO write 3 lines
- Go to receipt – generate the receipt for only one Item and either the PO Number again – create another receipt until all the Items over.
Where shipment_header_id IN (Select shipment_header_id
Where PO_header_id IN( Select Po_Header_ID
MD050 – Functional Design Document
Based on above develop Quotation Report
PHA.QUOTE_VENDOR_QUOTE_NUMBER QUOTEAMT ,
H2.LOCATION_CODE BILLTO ,
FROM PO_HEADERS_ALL PHA ,
PER_ALL_PEOPLE_F PPF ,
HR_LOCATIONS H1 ,
WHERE TYPE_LOOKUP_CODE = 'QUOTATION'
AND PHA.VENDOR_ID = :P_VENDOR_ID
AND PHA.AGENT_ID = PPF.PERSON_ID
AND PHA.SHIP_TO_LOCATION_ID = H1.LOCATION_ID
AND PHA.BILL_TO_LOCATION_ID = H2.LOCATION_ID
AND PHA.VENDOR_SITE_ID = PVS.VENDOR_SITE_ID
AND PHA.VENDOR_ID = PV.VENDOR_ID
LINE – QUERY
FROM PO_LINES_ALL PLA,
WHERE PLA.ITEM_ID = MSI.INVENTORY_ITEM_ID
AND PLA.ORG_ID = MSI.ORGANIZATION_ID
AND PLA.CATEGORY_ID = MC.CATEGORY_ID
Purchase Order Interview Questions.
1) What is the Flow of Purchasing Module
2) Where the types of Requisition and table
3) Types of Purchase orders and tables
4) What is the different between standard PO and Blanket PO
5) We have created a Item but which is not available in the pO what will be the problem
6) What are the types of Match approvals
7) What are the Receipt types
8) When we enter a Blanket Release data where it will be stored
9) If give the requisition no how to find out corresponding PO Numbers
10) If give the PO Number how to find out corresponding Receipt Numbers
11) What is Auto Create and Advantage
12) In which table we can find out
i) Shipped Quantity
ii) Received Quantity
iii) Canceled Quantity
13) Can we create Purchase order directly without
14) Can we have the Receipt without Purchase order
15) What are the tables for RFQ, Quotation, Purchase Order