Profile is one the changeable option it will change the way of application execution, when we crate user in oracle applications we will design the profile values for ever user by selecting any of this level.
User <—- Responsibility <—— Application <—– Site
Site Level: Site is the lowest profile level when we install Oracle Applications by default values will be assigned at this level, site level values will be applicable for all the users.
Application Level: If we want to assign profile value to the specific application users then we will select this level specify the application name and assign the value, application level profile value will over write site level values.
Responsibility Level: We will select the responsibility name assign the profile value, this is applicable only for the users, who are having access to the specified responsibility. Responsibility will overwrite the both application and site level values. Most of the profile will setup at responsibility level because it will be creating responsibility for ever position in the organization we will also assign the profile values based on position.
User Level: We will select the user name and assign the profit value this is only for specific user which we have specified at will over write responsibility, application and site level values.
Application: It is collection of forms, reports and programs which are related for specific business functionality
Responsibility: It is also collection of forms, reports and programs which are related for specific position in the organization.
Application Developer – Profile – press enter
- We will find profile name and validation access levels, weather we can visible the values or we can update the values.
- Based on the access level we will go to system administrator open the profile form assign the profile values.
System Administrator – Profile – System – Press Enter
- Select profile name and profile level by default site select find button, it will shows profile values at 4 levels
GL Set of Books Name: It is one of the GL application profile, set of books is nothing but collection of currency, calendar, and chart of accounts. We will assign this profile values at responsibility level based on this currency and calendar and accounts will get change.
MO: Operating Unit: This will be used to setup user operating unit name which operating unit user is working, when ever user login to the system by using this profile. System will understand the user operating unit (Branch Name)
HR: Business Group: This profile will give the user business group which group user is working.
HR: User_Type: This profile will give the user employment type which user is Permanent, Contract or consultant will be identified.
All these are user personal profile values for user will be there whenever we create it contains the values. We cannot change the values.
GL: St of Books
Chart of Account
Go to Systems Administrator and open the profile form and select the profile name and assign the values.
- When we assign set of books to the user based on the that set of book name currency, calendar and accounts structure will be changed
- Create there different users go to systems administrator assign the profile values, select user level enter user name and profile name select find futon and assign the user level values.
- Login with the user name select GL responsibility open the Journals form, Journals – Entry and press enter we will find the different currencies in currucy filed.
Personal Profile – To find
(N) Help – Diagnosis – Examine and press enter
Select block as profile we will find profile names in the filed Profile values in the values field
Technical Consultant Job
Get – Procedure
Value – Function
2 APIs to be used
FND_PROFILE.GET(Profilename, Local Variable);
Local Variable:= FND_PROFILE.VALUE(PROFILE Name);
APIs will be used to retrieve the profile values form Backend like SQL, PL/SQL, Forms, and Reports.
NOTE: Here get() is a procedure and Values() is a function both will be used to get a profile value from the backend
Example: In Select clause we can’t use procedure that time we can use function.
Simple PO Report
User Name :
Responsibility Name :
Set Of Books Name :
PO Type Date Currency
Report Development Process
SRW.USEREXIT(SRWINIT) – Before Report Trigger
SRW.USEREXIT(SRWEXIT) – After Report Trigger
And adjust the margin and design the layout
Before Report Trigger
:P_RESP_ID := FND_PROFILE.Value(‘Resp_name’)
User Name – Username
Resp_name – Responsibility name i.e. personnel profiles
MO: Operating Unit – ORG_ID
Access the Profile values from the reports
Define find variable to store the profile values, go to before report trigger call the following APIs, then use the find variable either in the layout or in the report builder
:P_SOBNAME := FND_PROFILE.VALUE(‘GL:SET_OF_BOOKS_NAME’)
PL/SQL – Procedure as Concurrent Program
Temp Table – Perfomr_taart
Develop the procedure and register as Concurrent program and user submit the request form SRW window system should capture the dynamically and inserts in to the temp table
Select name from HR_OPERATING_UNITS Where organization_id=:x
- What is profile
- What are the profiles you have come across in your experience
- Profile levels in sequential order
- How to get profile value from Backend
- How to pass profile values as default in parameter
– Concurrent Programe window Parameter
- At the time of defining parameter select default type as profile and give the profile name in the default values field.