1. Give the Types of modules in a form?
2. Write the Abbreviation for the following File Extensio
FMB —– Form Module Binary.
MMB —– Menu Module Binary.
PLL —— PL/SQL Library Module Binary.
3. What are the design facilities available in forms 4.0?
Default Block facility.
Tables Columns Browser.
4. What is a Layout Editor?
The Layout Editor is a graphical design facility for creating and arranging items and boilerplate text and graphics objects in your application’s interface.
5. What do you mean by a block in forms4.0?
Block is a single mechanism for grouping related items into a functional unit for storing,displaying and manipulating records.
6. Explain types of Block in forms4.0?
Base table Blocks.
1. A base table block is one that is associated with a specific database table or view.
2. A control block is a block that is not associated with a database table.
7. What are the options available to refresh snapshots?
COMPLETE – Tables are completely regenerated using the snapshot’s query and the master tables every time the snapshot referenced.
FAST – If simple snapshot used then a snapshot log can be used to send the changes to the snapshot tables.
FORCE – Default value. If possible it performs a FAST refresh; Otherwise it will perform a complete refresh.
8. List the Types of items?
User Area item.
9. What is a Navigable item?
A navigable item is one that operators can navigate to with the keyboard during default navigation, or that Oracle forms can navigate to by executing a navigational built-in procedure.
10. Can you change the color of the push button in design time?
11. What is a Check Box?
A Check Box is a two state control that indicates whether a certain condition or value is on or off, true or false. The display state of a check box is always either “checked” or “unchecked”.
12. What are the triggers associated with a check box?
Only When-checkbox-activated Trigger associated with a Check box.
13. What is a display item?
Display items are similar to text items but store only fetched or assigned values. Operators cannot navigate to a display item or edit the value it contains.
14. What is a list item?
It is a list of text elements.
15. What are the display styles of list items?
Poplist, No text Item displayed in the list item.
Tlist, No element in the list is highlighted.
16. What is a radio Group?
Radio groups display a fixed no of options that are mutually exclusive. User can select one out of n number of options.
17. How many maximum number of radio buttons can you assign to a radio group?
Unlimited no of radio buttons can be assigned to a radio group
18. Can you change the default value of the radio button group at run time?
19. What triggers are associated with the radio group?
Only when-radio-changed trigger associated with radio group
20. What is a visual attribute?
Visual Attributes are the font, color and pattern characteristics of objects that operators see and intract with in our application.
21. What are the types of visual attribute settings?
Custom Visual attributes
Default visual attributes
Named Visual attributes.
22. What is a window?
A window, byitself, can be thought of as an empty frame. The frame provides a way to intract with the window, including the ability to scroll, move, and resize the window. The content of the window ie. what is displayed inside the frame is determined by the canvas
View or canvas-views displayed in the window at run-time.
23. What are the differrent types of windows?
24. Can a root window be made modal?
25. List the buil-in routine for controlling window during run-time?
26. List the windows event triggers available in Forms 4.0?
When-window-activated, when-window-closed, when-window-deactivated, when-window-resized
27. What built-in is used for changing the properties of the window dynamically?
28. What is a canvas-view?
A canvas-view is the background object on which you layout the interface items (text-items, check boxes, radio groups, and so on.) and boilerplate objects that operators see and interact with as they run your form. At run-time, operators can see only those items that have been assiged to a specific canvas. Each canvas, in term, must be displayed in a specfic window.
29. Give the equivalent term in forms 4.0 for the following.
Page, Page 0?
Page – Canvas-View
Page 0 – Canvas-view null.
30. What are the types of canvas-views?
Content View, Stacked View.
31. What is the content view and stacked view?
A content view is the “Base” view that occupies the entire content pane of the window in which it is displayed.
A stacked view differs from a content canvas view in that it is not the base view for the window to which it is assigned
32. List the built-in routines for the controlling canvas views during run-time?
33. What is an Alert?
An alert is a modal window that displays a message notifies the operator of some application condition
34. What are the display styles of an alert?
Stop, Caution, note
35. Can you attach an alert to a field?
36. What built-in is used for showing the alert during run-time?
37. Can you change the alert messages at run-time? If yes, give the name of th built-in to chage the alert messages at run-time.
38. What is the built-in function used for finding the alert?
39. List the editors availables in forms 4.0?
40. What built-in routines are used to display editor dynamicaly?
41. What is a Lov?
A list of values is a single or multi column selection list displayed in a pop-up window
42. Can you attach a lov to a field at design time?
43. Can you attach a lov to a field at run-time? If yes, give the build-in name.
44. What is the built-in used for showing lov at runtime?
45. What is the built-in used to get and set lov properties during run-time?
46. What is a record Group?
A record group is an internal oracle forms data structure that has a simillar column/row frame work to a database table
47. What are the different types of a record group?
Query record group
Static record group
Non query record group
48. Give built-in routine related to record groups?
49. What is the built_in routine used to count the no of rows in a group?
50. List system variables available in forms 4.0, and not available in forms 3.0?
51. System.effective_date system variable is read only True/False
52. What is a library in Forms 4.0?
A library is a collection of Pl/SQL program units, including user named procedures, functions & packages
53. Is it possible to attach same library to more than one form?
54. Explain the following file extention related to library?
The library pll files is a portable design file comparable to an fmb form file
The library lib file is a plat form specific, generated library file comparable to an fmx form file
The pld file is Txt format file and can be used for source controlling your library files
55. How do you pass the parameters from one form to another form?
To pass one or more parameters to a called form, the calling form must perform the following steps in a trigger or user named routine excute the create_parameter_list built_in function to programatically.
Create a parameter list to execute the add parameter built_in procedure to add one or more parameters list.
Execute the call_form, New_form or run_product built_in procedure and include the name or id of the parameter list to be passed to the called form.
56. What are the built-in routines is available in forms 4.0 to create and manipulate a parameter list?
57. What are the two ways to incorporate images into a oracle forms application?
58. How image_items can be populate to field in forms 4.0?
A fetch from a long raw database column PL/Sql assignment to executing the read_image_file built_in procedure to get an image from the file system.
59. What are the triggers associated with the image item?
When-Image-activated(Fires when the operator double clicks on an image Items)
When-image-pressed(fires when the operator selects or deselects the image item)
60. List some built-in routines used to manipulate images in image_item?
61. What are the built_in used to trapping errors in forms 4?
Error_type return character
Error_code return number
Error_text return char
Dbms_error_code return no.
Dbms_error_text return char
62. What is a predefined exception available in forms 4.0?
63. What are the menu items that oracle forms 4.0 supports?
Plain, Check,Radio, Separator, Magic