Multi Org is nothing but implementing multiple organization under single oracle APPS implementation. We will define the multi org levels like follows:
|–||Top level org where employee will be define|
Set of Books
|–||Currency, Calendar, Chart of accounts – Financial Entities|
|–||Where company is going to create Income Tax Documents to Government|
|–||Where Company will procure, sell, pay, receive, stock|
|–||Where company will store the product|
Under the Inventory it will come
Business Group: It represents the highest level in the organization structure, it can be a major division or operating company or consolidated enterprises, Business Group secure human recourses information. Example: When we request list of employees assigned to the business group where organization is a part
Set Of Books: It is a financial reporting entity it uses particular functional currency, chart of accounts and accounting calendar, Oracle General Ledger application secures this transaction information like, journal entries, balances, we will use the Set of Books to capture these financial information.
Legal Entity:it is a legal company for which we prepare physical or tax reports and we will submit company flanking sheet to Government.
Operating Unit: It is an organization where company is going to do the main business operations like sales, purchasing payments, receiving and son, it may be a sales office or division or department, operating unit information will be secured by following applications like PO, AP, AR, OM, CM
Inventory Organization: It is an organization for which we will track Inventory transactions and balances, Inventory Organization means warehouse, distribution center, manufacturing plants and sales offices, the following application secures information by Inventory organization
- Oracle Inventory
- Bills of Material
- Work in process
- Capacity and MRP so on
Again we will define Inventory Organization as 2 levels
1) sub Inventory
2) Stock location – inside of this location we will keep the items.
Advantages or Major functions
- Data Secure: We can assign users to the particular organization when ever user logon to the application then we can get the data access, which is related to their organization
- Multiple Organizations Reporting: We can setup Oracle applications implementation to allow the reporting across operating units we can allow the reports either at SOB level or legal entities level or operating unit level
- We can sell the products from one legal entity and ship the products from another level entity – that time we can easily create financial transactions.
- We can receive the good from the suppliers in any Inventory organization. Example: A branch employee will create the PO then we can rece4ive the material in B branch Inventory organization but these two organization should be defined under same set of books.
- When employee creates internal requisitions in one organization thesewe can ship the materials from another organization with corrent inter company inventory.
** 115multiorg.pdf – Implementing Multiple Organizations Chapter1 and 4 – multiorg.xls.
Multi Org Tables
|PO_HEADER_ALL||ORG_ID||Select * from po_header_all
|PO_LINES_ALL||ORG_ID||Select * from po_header_all
|AP_INVOICES_ALL||ORG_ID||Select * from ap_invoices_all
|AP_CHECKS_ALL||ORG_ID||Select * from ap_checks_all
|OE_ORDER_HEADERS_ALL||ORG_ID||Select * from oe_order_header_all
- Multi Org table contains multiples organization data. This table names are goint to end with _all and this table contains common column called org_id
- Whenever user login to the systems by using MO:OPERATING UNIT profile, systems will understand user operating unit code (ORG_ID)
- Multi Org views – These are created based on, multi org table having the where clause like “where org_id=client_info”. If we are using multi org views in the RICE components, we will get the data from the database which is related for the user organization. Ex: PO_HEADERS, PO_LINES, AP_INVOICES, AP_CHECKS, OE_ORDER_HEADERS
- CLIENT_INFO: It is one of the RDBMS variable, it contains user operating unit code (org_id) whenever user login to the application
- Select * from hr_operating_units (you can get all the branch codes)
- To create Operating units navigation
- HRMS Responsibility – Work Structures – Organization – Description
- In before report trigger we will write SRW.USER_EXIT(‘FND SRWINIT’) – it will initialize the user profile values (MO:OPERATING UNIT)
Create 3 users, assign to them different branches by using MO:Operating Unit profile and develop the report, use the multi org tables and register it as concurrent program and submit from SRS window form 3 users we will get all the operating units data in the output instead of multi table, use multi org view. Submit request from SRS. It will display the output which is related for user organization. If we are not using the user exit (FND SRWINIT) system will not initialize user profile values including MO operating Unit profile that time, client_info variable values is null.
In SQL & PL/SQL – We need to use API
SQL> select count(*) from PO_HEADERS_ALL
2777 POs are created form multiple organizations
SQL> select count(*) from PO_HEADERS – output ‘0’ becoz system doesnot know the branch working for which branch
SQL> select count(*) from PO_HEADERS – Now it is showing the 1645 Pos fro branch 204
It will retrieve User ORG_ID value
Table shows details about the Multi Org structure table
|Business Group||HRFV_BUSINESS_GROUPS||HR:Business Group ID||BUSINESS_
|Set Of Books||GL_SET_OF_BOOKS||GL:Set of Books Name||GL|
|Operating Unit||HR_OPERATING_UNITS||MO:Operating Unit||ORG_ID||PO,AP,OM,AR,PA|
ENG,MRP PO Receipts
- While developing or customizing the RICE component we will be using Multiorg views. We are not supposed to use the Multi org tables.
- By suing the following select statement we can find whether multi org is implemented successfully or not
- Select multi_org_flag, release name from fnd_product_groups
- Y – Implemeted successfully (Business Group, I.E., Set of Books, operating Unit, Inventory organziaiton)
- BUSINESS_GROUP_ID: This at Business group level we can find them common column in all the table, which are in HRMS tables like
- ORG_ID: It is at operating unit level it we will find this common column in all the table at operating unit level like
- NOTE: But PO receipts functionality will come at Inventory organization level. Because we are crating receipt means we are receiving the goods from supplier. We will be receiving the material at Inventories (stories, gowdans ) only.
- Example: RCV_SHIPMENT_HEADERS table is not having the _ALL it is not having ORG_ID column
- ORGANIZATION_ID: It is at Inventory Organization level we will find all the manufacturing tables column this ORGANIZATION_ID column including PO Receipts Tables
PO_VENDORS is not having _ALL
PO_VENDORS_SITES_ALL is having _ALL
Supplier is global we can access from any organization
Supplier site is organization specific and we create site based on the user ORG_ID sites will retrieved.
- What is application hierarchy or Multi org flow?
- What is Business Group?
- What is legal entity and operating unit
- What is meant by multi org table
- What are module will come at operating unit level
- Will PO Receipt will come tat Operating Unit level or Inventory Organization level?
- What is difference between OR_ID and ORGANIZATION_ID?
- Why there is no _ALL for PO_VENDORS table?
- How to implement multi org in reports?
- How to populate ORG_ID from SQL prompt?
- What is meant by Client_info?
- When user login in to the system how the system will identify user operating unit?