Procure to Pay Cycle
- Without supplier we cann’t create invoices
- Without Invoices we can’t make payments.
Types of Invoices
1) Standard – For all the normal payments we will crate this.
2) Prepayment – Advance Payment to the supplier based on the requirement.
3) Credit Memo – If supplier give the discount – for negative amount
4) Debit Memo – If company is going to deduct the amount – for negative amount
5) With holding tax – if supplier is not recognized, the on be half of the supplier company will pay the tax.
6) PO Default – We will give the PO number according to that it will generate the Invoices.
7) Recurring Invoices – WE will generate the Invoices multiple times for fixed supplier, fixed amount, fixed duration.
8) Expense Report – Employee expenses
9) Quick Match – 2 Way, 3 Way, 4 Way
10)Mixed Invoice – Miscellaneous expenses
After creating the invoice we have to do the 3 steps
1) Validate Invoice with Distribution lines – Invoice Amount = Distribution Amount
2) Approve Invoice
3) Create Accounting Transactions.
Payables, Vision Operations (USA)
Tools – View Accounting
Creating accounting transactions these data will be stored in the following tables.
NOTE: WE can give same number to other invoice number for other suppliers.
- Open the Invoice form N-Invoices-Entry-Invoices select Invoice type supplier data enter Invoice number and amount.
- Select distributions button and enter the distribution details save the transactions.
- Compare Invoice table and distribution total
- Select actions button check the checkbox called approve to get the Invoice approval
- Select actions button check the check box called crate accounting, it will crate invoice accounting transactions.
- Select tools menu view accounting option to find the accounting entries.
- (N) Setup – Invoices – Distribution Set and press enter – It will be used to generate the invoice distributed automatically. AT the time of creating invoices we will attach distribution set which will distribute the amounts
- After creation of invoice we have to submit the transfer program called – Paybles transfer to General Ledger.
o Copy the Invoice data, go to SRS window select the following program
§ Payables Transfer to General Ledger
· From Date
· To Date
o After completion of this program system will automatically submits the ‘Journal Import’ program to transfer in the GL Base Tables.
o Copy the Request ID of ‘Journal Import’ program go to GL application
o Open the journal enter screen and enter %Request Id% in the batch filed which will shows the Invoice date
o Select the Review Journal button which will displays the invoices detailed transactions.
1) AP Table
2) Payables transfer to General Ledger
3) Select * from GL_INTERFACE
4) Journal import program
5) Positing Journals
a. Select * form GL_BALANCES.
Payment in Payables
1) Quick – System will automatically generate check
2) Refund – Refund Approval payments
3) Manual – Cash or check
- Crate the Invoice validate approve it and crate accounting transactions, select payments from (N) Payments – Entry – Payments and enter select Payment type, Bank Account Name, Document as check system will automatically generate check number enter supplier details, select the button called enter invoices select invoice number save the transactions.
- Select actions button, check the check box called crate accounting to create accounting transactions, select tools menu, view accounting option, it will displays accounting debit, and credit transactions, select the button called payment overview it will give complete payment details.
Important AP Payment Tables
Payment Holds – Invoice needs re-approval then we can check hold buttoned and see
- AP_APYMENT_SHEDULES – It contains the scheduled payment details
Assign to categories
Define lot / serial no
Unit of Measure
Sub Inventory Transfer
Inter Organization Transfer
Items on Hand Qty
Items Resserved Qty
Item Available Qty
Items Defining – Master Items
To Assign the Multiple Organizations (N) Tools -> Organization
To Revisions – Tools – > Revision
MTL_ITEM_REVISOINS – Inventory_item_id and Org_id
To know quantity – MTL_ONHAND_QUANTITIES
Do PO Cycle
Inventory – Receiving – Receiving Transactions
- Open the Items form, enter Item name and description select the tabs and check the check box called Inventory items, and Purchased Item – Go to tools menu select option called organization assignment to assign the item to the organization. Select Revision option to create Item revisions.
- Open the on hand quantity form enter Item name select find button, it will give item quantity and details report.
- Once we create item quantity will be zero we have to purchase from suppliers or we have to receive from other organizations.
- Select PO Applications create requisitions purchase order and receipt copy the receipt number to Inventory applications, open the receiving transaction form (N) Transactions – Receiving – Receiving Transactions —– Enter the receipt number select find button check the check box save the transactions.
- (N) Setup – Organization- Sub inventories and press enter
o WE can transfer the Item form one sub Inventory to another sub inventory by using sub inventory transfer
- Other Tables
o MTL_PARAMETERS – Contains both Master and child organization
o FINANCIAL_SYSTEM_PARAMETERS – Financial setup details
o CST_ITEM_COST – Item cost Details